Thursday, March 5, 2015

Finding Joy

I think that everybody has somebody in their life. I don't mean just family. I mean, everybody has somebody that isn't of blood that they have found to be friends with and to share their life with. Everybody has a friend. This person can be your boyfriend, girlfriend, best friend from kindergarten, or best friend from yesterday. This can literally be anybody. The truth is though, as much as you say you don't have someone you do have someone.
There is a difference though. You can still feel alone if you are missing someone in your life. If you are missing a significant other, a best friend, or a family member. If you are missing someone to be able to share your life with. I think this is a feeling I know too well. I think everybody knows this feeling. Everyone goes through the stage of their life where they are looking for their joy in life. I know my joy is making other people happy. I know the times I have the most joy is spending time with my family and my friends and having a good time.
I think that my life is different than I want it to be, because sometimes I have trouble finding that joy. Like today for example. I found out that I got the opportunity to interview for an internship that I have wanted since January. It has been a long time coming to finally get to this point of just an interview. The minute I hung up the phone and I told my mom was the moment I realized I am searching for the next person to bring me joy in my life.
With my best friend across the country, my other best friend going rogue for a bit because of our lives just being too busy, and my other good friend being in another state. I just realized I have no one to run to with this news. I have no one that I can jump for joy with in this very second. I think it is something we all struggle with while in college. Especially when you stay home for college.
Everyone is always searching for the thing that brings them joy. They are looking for the next thing to take on in life. This is what happens at 20 years old. You have the power to take adventure, to do anything you want, take flight. I love that feeling. I love the feeling of knowing that if I wanted to I could pick up my life and change it all in a second. I know most people don't think that way, but that is the fun part of what life is about. Life is all about adventure and I think that through that adventure is when we find the most joy in our lives. We find it while we are searching for our life long career, where we will settle down, what we will do, if we will get married.
Everyone has somebody. That somebody is their joy in their life. When you feel alone you look around and you learn what your real joy comes from. You realize you have someone in that moment. You realize you can find joy.c7d64671a37bfdc140f8fa42c401b246

No comments:

Post a Comment