Friday, March 6, 2015

Sushi, Disneyland, and Supporting Friends

Well hello there little world,

Today's post is going to be a little bit different. I am going to talk more about my pretty amazingly, fun, epic day yesterday. So yesterday I went to Disneyland with some of the people I work with. We were having a mini girls day. The whole thing started because I wanted to go support one of my best friends in this little show called Flashback that Disneyland Cast Members put on for friends, family, and other cast members. I asked my lovely friends to accompany me on this little fun night out. We turned it into more of an afternoon, night out. It was a nice break from work and school, let me tell you.

First though, Me and two others went to Sushi. Now, I am a fan of sushi, but not a big fan. I am more of one of those very picky sushi eaters, but my friend asked me to tag along, so I decided to join before we met up with everyone else. This place was like a Chipotle for sushi. It was pretty amazing. So they have 5 different stations and you go down the line to create a sushi bowl. You can also get it in a wrap. It was called Pokinometry. I think I have fallen in love with sushi after eating here. You start with if you want salad, rice, or chips, etc. The next step you let them know if you want crab meat, avocado, cucumber, or onions. Then after that you choose your meat. You get 2 scoops for a small, 3 for a medium, or 4 for a large. I got a small so I could choose 2 meats, or just one and have two scoops of it. Being the picky eater that I am, I chose a simple cooked shrimp. You could choose from so many options though, I will have to go back and change it up. You could pick tuna, mashed tuna, octopus, albacore, salmon, and a few more that I can't list off the top of my head. After that you let them know if you want spice or not and they put the sauce on it. I chose no spice, I was trying to stay reserved cause I was a little weary of it all still. Next time though, I may go with no sauce because my bowl was filled of just juice and it started to overpower my food. After that you put on your toppings. This is where they have the seaweed, wasabi, ginger, etc. I just put on sesame seeds. It was pretty big bowl for me to eat, but it looked oh so good. I didn't devour it, but it was amazingly good. I would definitely go back there again. It is located in Downtown Anaheim about 5 minutes from Disneyland if you are ever in the area and want to go. For the small bowl it was $7, so reasonably priced, but not the cheapest. It was a cute little neighborhood, with the downtown feel. The only bummer is parking isn't close unless you are lucky to find street parking.

So after we finished our sushi, we headed to Disneyland to meet up with the other two people we were going with. Now try going to Disneyland with 5 cast members. It is not the typical experience of, lets get on every ride we can. Instead, we strolled in and went to California Adventure first. We hit Tower of Terror and then park hopped to Disneyland. Here we went to the Haunted Mansion and Space Mountain. We took our time, said hi to people we knew, and just slowly walked through the park. Some of us wanted Ice Cream and someone else wanted food, so we grabbed some ice cream and some food and sat and ate it for a bit. After this we decided to go to the front of the castle and take pictures. We took about 10 pictures until we were all content with how they turned out. We went to go on Indiana Jones. We got in line and less than 5 minutes later the ride broke down. Our little Cast Member senses were working because the second the music turned off, we knew. We exited line and the people who had gotten Ice Cream decided we wanted food now. We went to Bengal Barbecue and got some skewers and sat down. From here we decided to go head over to California Adventure to watch Flashback. It was held in the Hyperion theater. We went inside and found some seats and less than 10 minutes later it started.

The show was amazing. All of the cast members in it did a fantastic job, as well as the behind the scenes team. I was there to support my best friend and luckily she was on the team that the people from the area I work in are from.  They ended up winning it, so that was fun.

Now here is our little life lesson for today's post: I was there to support a friend. I had brought my other friends with me to support her. I was her cheering squad for the night. We all need someone to support us in life. We all have times where we need someone to be there for us. I was there for her last night. She asked if I wanted to go and I went. I know she didn't need me there, but in a grander scale, I would be there for her if it was something that she really needed me for. If she really wanted me somewhere I would be there. I know she would be there too, if I needed her. Even though it was just a little show that I was supporting her in, it reminds me that we always need some support, even for the littlest things. It really lets people know you are there for them.
So, through my girls day, I learned the lesson of supporting friends. I think we all learn a lesson, every single day, I can't wait to see what today's lesson is, but I know it will be a good one.

XOXO,

Jordan K.

No comments:

Post a Comment